Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Blog Note

I have been, perhaps justly, accused of not "getting" the work in the most recent issue of LensWork. To be arrogantly honest, I think I'm pretty damned good at teasing out whatever an artist is getting at in a series of pictures, and in most of the work in this issue I have tried and failed to tease anything out. It's just a bunch of attractive pictures.

However, if you disagree and would like to take a crack at teasing out something bigger, something more meaningful, something about, I dunno emotion, politics, memory, dreams, what have you, I will happily accept a guest post.

If more than one person would like to take a whack at it, I will (with permission) put you in touch with one another to see what happens. While I will draw the line at dozens of disparate essays, I'm perfectly willing to put up more than one if collaboration proves unfruitful. Also, if you're not willing to "write up" I'll also accept a set of notes and try to write them up on your behalf, and turn myself into your collaborator. Or other arrangements, I'm open to possibility.

Contact me at amolitor@gmail.com if you want to give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. Andrew, I think it's time for me to say again that I really like your blog, especially the posts where you write strong opinions. There are enough blogs/websites/magazines around that throw out generic articles and pictures and always want to sell something!
    Well, maybe it's because we are just crazy mathematicians ;-)
    Or maybe I just don't get it because I'm not a native speaker of this language...
    But I think your analysis of Lenswork is spot on.
    Ok, had to say it, now the world can start spinning again ;-)

    ReplyDelete