Featured Post

Pinned Post, A Policy Note:

I have made a decision to keep this blog virus free from this point forward, at least until the smoke clears. This is not a judgement about ...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Supermoon!

I hate "supermoon" nights. The day after the internet is flooded with moon pictures.

Just to review, the moon is tidally locked. It always looks the same. Exactly the same. Everyone's supermoon pictures are literally identical to everyone else's, aside from technical details. The more gear and software you throw at the problem, the more detail you get. That's it.

Please stop, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. As you say over on TOP, being interested primarily in technical challenges like astronomical photography is not inherently bad. (I don't happen to go for astronomical myself, so you can pick on it all you want without involving me too emotionally.)

    Recently I noticed a few people doing slightly more interesting things with this supermoon, like this silhouette http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewpaulson/9129942795/ . Clearly that is or will very shortly become an overdone cliche itself, but at least it's a different one.

    ReplyDelete